Thursday, April 2, 2015

Rough Day

Favorite words story


I got home from school ready to pass out, it was 11pm.  When the security was looking over his surveillance cameras on campus he saw me still working at the table in the corner and kicked me out. At first I told him, “No, just a few more minutes!” But he was literally the rudest guard I have ever met so I just finished my paragraph once I got to my car, before I completely lost my train of thought. On my way home everybody was being such boobs. They get in the left lane and doddle down a road that’s 45mph. So inconsiderate. I pulled in my apartment complex and saw this silly guy doing cartwheels down the sidewalk. I yelled out my car “WHAT A DINGUS!” and kept driving down 3 more buildings until I pulled up to my apartment building. When I stepped out of my car I overheard the British couple three floors up. “Dear, could you pass me the bubbly!?” I overheard the gentleman say. “Alright honey!” she replied. I climbed up the 6 flights of stairs to get to my apartment. As soon as I started to hear my dogs bark. I said “Hi Tup!” so they knew it was me and would stop. That barking gets on my nerves, but I sure do appreciate it when it’s someone else at the door. I walked in the door and my boyfriend was on the phone with someone talking about some gobbledigoop, I don’t really know. When he got off the phone he asked me how my day was. I said, “Fine” and went to the bedroom to put all of my stuff down. I called my Papa to check and see how he was doing. The first time he didn’t answer but I can always count on him to call me back within a minute and a half. Sure enough, he called me right back, “Sorry squirt, I was in the middle of sharpening my knife.” he said. I just talked to him about how he was feeling. Unfortunately he said he was uber tired all the time. He kept finding himself just lolligaging around but not actually doing anything. I know this is hard for him because he was always just going from one thing to another all the time. I love to go over there and just do, um, nothing really just visit. He lives next door to an emergency room doctor. One time, I went over there to get donations for a fundraiser for my volleyball team. She told me about a story where this man got hit in the throat with a chainsaw. She said you could see his uvula which I thought was so gross! I went to the living room and my boyfriend had made pork chops with mashed potatoes and pea and macaroni and cheese. “Are you forreal!?” I asked. He said, “Babe, I love you. I hope you had a good today! I turnt up in the kitchen huh?” I just ran over and gave him a big hug and started making a plate. At that point all the stupid things that happened that day didn’t even matter. I made a point and to tell him how good it was because his cooking is always the best. That night after I ate and showered and got everything I got out the rest of my homework and he came over to see what I was working on. In the top left corner of my page of noted from class he saw a doodle of us and realized that I really do think about him outside of just being home too. I slept great that night and went back at it the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment